Monday, July 14, 2025

Skating: Parts 11-12

Shall

April 20, 2023

Shall I trust that you love me now

Shall I take your word for it

Or find out somehow

Does it hurt that I still hold

A small seed of doubt

Help me trust that you love me now


There are times I’m not sure just

What you see in me

When I don’t know exactly

Who I’ve come to be


Just I don’t know what you 





Dare

May 18, 2023


I dare you to break my heart

I dare me to break my heart

I don’t want to break your heart


If you ever wondered 

how strange it might be

To be one of her Starbucks lovers 

Maybe now you see


Catch up on a decade’s worth

Of never thought that this could hurt

Of never knowing solid ground

Of being safe and sound


And it’s fine from day to day

But every so often I fear this way

And I tell myself to look inside

The cafe stops, the morning rides


Read between the lines 

Translate it all into

Letters you don’t write

It’s fine, I’m a visual learner


I dare you to break my heart

I dare me to break my heart

I don’t want to break your heart



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please also notify me of your awesomeness below.