Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Skating: Parts 8-10


Corner of the Couch

Saturday, February 4, 2023


No one knows where you are going

“What you see is what you get”

Do I trust this prideful feeling

That simply no one’s heard you yet

Silly me still wants to crack you

Bold enough to want to try

I don’t trust what I am thinking

I’m not keen to find out why


But Could it be, that you were waiting

For a true chance to be known

Could it be, there was a distance

You wished not to walk alone

What if there was once a picture

You just never dared to own

In your reality

Or do I dream alone


If my imagination’s running

To where you don’t belong

Hiding from the moonlight rising

For fear of choosing wrong

Am I farming pearls from wishes

And planting them in the sky

Risk to trust what I am feeling

Cause I know exactly why


But could it be, that you were waiting

For a true chance to be known

Could it be, there was a distance

You wished not to walk alone

What if there was once a picture

You just never dared to own

In your reality

Or do I dream alone


There’s a million things I yearn for

Even more that I can see

But there’s only one of you

Who thinks and dreams and breathes

What if all of my conjecture

Falls through and honestly

Simply

You are you

And I am me


Yet I’d like to believe


Could it be, that you were waiting

For a true chance to be known

Could it be, there was a distance

You wished not to walk alone

What if there was once a picture

You just never dared to own

In your reality

Or do I dream alone




If I had it my way

Thursday, February 23, 2023


I wouldn’t hold back


Wouldn’t worry about 

how busy you might be


Wouldn’t wonder if I come off

Too strong, too strange, too fast


I’d stay in your arms

I’d be able to say I miss you

Be able to ask you 

If I had it my way


Mist 

Friday, March 17, 2023


I don’t know how to deal with knowing someone played with your heart

Is it fear that you cared or feeling unfair, I can’t tell them apart


Are you really mine

When you put your heart on the line

For someone else, once upon a time

Not too long ago

You yearned for another smile

Passed through a foreign sorrow

I look into your eyes

Do I replace the shape of an empty dream

Or do you see me

Is it just me that you see


I don’t doubt for a second 



Until I speak to you,

These are the musings that haunt me

In the mornings before you call me

In the silence that surrounds me

Until you hold me again in your arms


Tell me


Are you really mine

Forget when you put your heart on the line

Not too long ago

Passing through the sorrow, what did you decide

I look into your eyes

Do I stand alone without shadow

Do you see me

Is it just me that you see

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please also notify me of your awesomeness below.