Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Tandem: Part 1

 Stretch

Tuesday, April 11, 2023


Behind drawn curtains

Day and night blend

Before I knew it, the warmth of the afternoon

Revives the scent of dry branches, engine oil on pavement, the air stirs

Coat folded in arms

I cross the usual street into evening

I pretend

 the corners of my eyes

Are not searching for your shadow

And I pretend my heart does not ache to find the search empty

A trench swallows up the Milky Way

To become a bridge

Can I step across it?

Draw the curtains once more 

One step closer to one more turn

Sometimes I spin the wrong way

Is this planet doing the same?


Burning at my chest

Are things I want to say

Requests I want to make

Thoughts I want to share

But am afraid to

For what if they bog you

Down to the dam of “nothing you can do”

The biggest instalment of time

Why is it not this generous when we’re together

No, is not a constant, no way.


I miss you, to the sun and moon and back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please also notify me of your awesomeness below.