Wednesday, January 04, 2023

Skating: Parts 5-7

Blanks
Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Fill in the blanks
Paint a picture of the next stop
What goes in this pixel
What colour’s on your palette


Can I
Friday, December 30, 2022

Can I still
Make it out unscathed
I used to think
It’ll be okay
I told my heart
To keep the storm at bay
When did the reigns
Slip through


Now
Wednesday, January 4, 2023

I’m done with the games, he’s taking his time
And does he mean to? No
But maybe it’s here that I draw the line
Better, now, to let it go
How many years do you mean to take
To make the verdict, or break my heart
If it wasn’t right or you were just fine
Should’ve killed it at the start

I watch as you put on your warmest coat
December has come and gone
The season’s half over, we’re turning the corner
Is it time that I move on?

I’m going to watch you craft your words
With as much care as I
Stare at the timer, and dare you 
to say there’s nothing there
How many timid gift exchanges
Would you like to hide behind?
Yeah, I did it first, but I’m ready to speak
In case you can’t read my mind

I watch as you put on your warmest coat
New Year’s has come and gone
The season’s half over, we’re turning the corner
Is it time that I move on?

‘Cause by now 
You should’ve known, many times over
You let this go any further
We’ll both have to run and take cover
As our world combusts
There’s no good end to this

Do I sound upset? How can you tell
I can’t even feel a thing
Dangling in the balance of time
Made up of silly string
Your brownies are great, and each piece I ate
Reminded me of your 
Helping hands
Healing eyes 
Honest heart
Please don’t
Please don’t 
Too late to negate the start

I put away my warmest coat
So many chances have come and gone
The season’s near over, we’re turning the corner
What if I have to move on

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please also notify me of your awesomeness below.