Coming home
Wednesday, October 12, 2022
Wednesday, October 12, 2022
Coming home tonight
I put my bags down, reach into
The deep end, is it still there
Just a flicker
But I can feel the warmth of what
Propelled me, once upon a time
Behind the brickwork, beneath the sweaters
Beyond the guards, There it lay
A heart, brought out of hiding
You make me wonder
What kind of girl would you fall for
Is she funny, is she quiet
Is she bright or is she shy
Is she down to earth or out of reach
Is she a friend or a goddess
Do you listen to your parents
Or do you flee from their pick
Did you have friends before me
Or am I the first in a while to get this deep
This far
This fast
Ballad 101
Tuesday, November 8, 2022
I get it
It’s been a whole day and I feel it
Is this what it means to
find the missing piece and lose it again
I taste it
Strawberry fields and I know it
Full moons and speckled skies
The soaring, free falling ride
I’m taking ballad 101
Pick any verse and see it come alive
I’m sorry to all the poets and bards
For ever doubting the truth in your pen
I panicked
In your absence my pride fully vanished
Thinking that yesterday’s
Cloud nine express was all in my head
Who is
Friday, December 16, 2022
He works so much harder than me
He’s so much smarter than me
He drinks much more coffee than me
Nothing comes easily
If being near is a gift, it’s making me see
How to live each day honestly
The hours I spend, I’d rather they be on sleep
Than supposed recovery
From wading in “take it easy”
Dreaming is fine for those who rise by necessity
Indeed, caffeine defines my level of productivity
And here I thought I was dependence-free
Does he make me a better woman? We’ll see
But for now I’ll have to keep up and maybe
Start with moving my body
Crawl out from this sedentary
Lifestyle, not yet thirty
So better live like it, before time rears its head
And unleashes its fury
Soon
Thursday, December 22, 2022
Is it too soon
To be writing melodies like these
Too early to bring in the strings
I want to paint rolling hills
And studded skies
And gentle waves that fall into your hand
I don’t even know yet if you want to be in the band
If I let my heart steer, then the sonata is ready
Underneath a vaulted ceiling
Let the projection ring
Yet I know I can’t, not just yet
Time for tuning and time for cooling must be set
To check the theory
It’s just math, really
But I guess it must be done
If the shoe fits, then ten miles would feel like one
I do plan to walk a hundred, and sing the whole way
So maybe it’s good to stay on the bass
Just for now
Just for today
There’s space for the strings
When there’s space in my brain
If you’re still here by then
I’ll know you too are here to stay.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please also notify me of your awesomeness below.