Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Painter’s block

Pensive, mopey; substance, baggage; presentable, phony; boundaries, distance.

Such a fine line to tow between perspectives. Perhaps I’m just feeling a bit hollow today. There’s a gap of real silence between smiles, a gap that’s never appeared before. I’ve always cared enough to ask others, or others have always cared enough to ask me. All this focus on learning to truly love has made me hyper-aware of interactions to the point where I short circuit during them; it feels as though I’ve forgotten how to walk. 

For the first time in two months, I feel so self-conscious and alone. Being surrounded is a good feeling that I’ve always completely taken for granted. Those who I fall to for conversation at the end of the night, I’m starting to realize they should not feel that they are backup. 

If you don’t know, ask questions. Not all connections form instantly, but questions show you care. Ask those questions, be genuinely curious, cultivate care for others. Not so that you can feel better about filling in the silence, but because you want to be friends.

That’s it, ultimately. Be ready to have new friends. Open up some space in your heart for new friends. You’re currently closed for business, and others know. So find some space and love for new friends.

Kindred spirits abound yet, get ready to find and love them. They will paint your life anew in a hue never before explored. They will draw the line for you, if you let them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please also notify me of your awesomeness below.