Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Movie

Maybe I should get a projector
Make it easier on my eyes
Might be able to lean back
Might as well, if this is where

We are going with tonight
While you muster up the courage
I am waiting for the words
 What with time stopping and all

I watch from the corner
As it plays out before me
What a wonderful movie
That you are in, it must be nice
To be part of the story

I've become quite the connoisseur
Of being almost there
Witness quite a few
But never quite just there

And I can tell the world
It's cooler backstage
That's what I tell myself
Even I don't care to believe it

I watch from the corner
As it plays out before me
What a wonderful movie
That you are in, it must be nice
To be part of the story

If, for once, in the moment
Someone could stop me
From leaving the frame
If you could call me by my name

I could be honest and show
What's flowing down my face
Is what I've been waiting for 
All along

I watch from the corner
As it plays out before me
What a wonderful movie
That you are in, it must be nice
To be part of the story4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please also notify me of your awesomeness below.