Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Humility

If I feel indignant when someone else didn't receive commendation before the counsel came rolling in, how hard it would be, then, when I will receive counsel!

Humility is having no need to explain oneself when suggestions for improvement are made by others. Humility is having the insight on what others truly mean, and the foresight of the benefit. Humility is understanding I might not always be right. Humility is knowing that room for improvement does not negate the effort already made. 

Humility is resilience, is flexibility, is genuine openness. Humility is courage. And so, humility is strength.

Humility is always having the capacity to acknowledge the need for growth and change, and readily taking that in stride, toward the growth and change, each time with more ease than before, perhaps.

In order to have humility, then, I would need to swallow some pie. What gives rise to indignation, irritation, judgment? The belief that the status quo is right, safe, proper. And what gives rise to this belief? Perhaps pride, and perhaps simply 귀찮음. And that is simply fear.

Stand on firm ground, walk with both feet, listen with both ears, see with both eyes. May my heart always remain wide, and my thinking always open.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please also notify me of your awesomeness below.